Our Amazing Team and COVID Update!
During this time of unknown we all need to remember to be kind to one another! 🌈
We are still here to provide care and support for you and your pets. However, as you can appreciate are staff numbers are reduced due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We are all working extremely hard and long hours during this time.
- Ideally only travel ONE client per pet.
- Please arrive on time for your appointment.
- Upon arrival at Chorlton buzz the front door.
-Please wait! A member of our staff will come and ask the reason for your visit/ attend your appointment.
- Then step back and wait at the front of the building away from the door.
- Keep maintaining social distancing of 2 metres from each other and our staff.
- We will come out again as soon as possible to deal with your request (collecting medications, food or your pet).
- However, there maybe a wait before you are seen for admits, consultations and discharges.
- A member of staff will come out to you discuss the case, obtain a contact number and then take your pet into the practice for the veterinary appointment. The vet will then call you to discuss the examination, findings and options.
- We have multiple staff consulting at the same time so it might be the case that someone who arrived after you, is seen before you.
- However, if it is an emergency 🚨 or your pet deteriorates then please let us know at the front door ASAP!
- Payments can be taken over the phone or via contactless payment.
Sale site is still CLOSED
We are following the guidelines set by the Royal Veterinary College and British Veterinary Association on case load, animals safety and social distancing.
At the moment nothing has changed but we will continue to update our clients during this transition to the “new normal”.
- Puppy initial vaccination courses.
- First year annual boosters for Dogs.
- Yearly boosters for your Dogs that were due in January or February 2020.
- Rabbit vaccines for Myxo & VHD1 and VHD2.
- No Cat vaccines( ideally keep them indoors if unvaccinated or due a booster).
-Open for urgent and emergency appointments for your poorly pets.
- We are offering charged veterinary phone consults when appropriate.
- We are unfortunately not able to book in any non urgent/ routine surgeries.
- You can phone us to order your pet’s routine medications (3 months supply maximum).
- You are still able to come and collect your pets, cattery cats, repeat medications and food.
- Alternatively we can post out your pet’s medications but a postage fee applies.
Although we are working hard to respond to all of your enquires via ( phone, email, Facebook) there may be a delay.
We thank you all for your patience.
Stay safe ❤️ 🐾